Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Musical Journey....!



Becoming a famous singer has always been my dream, rather my mum's wish i wud say. and now that i hav given quite a few performances on stage, i am happy that i hav set my path towards my dream. As every singer says, my first guru was none other than my mum. yea, i still remember running around the house, blindly repeating the lines sung by her, in my own childish voice..little did she realise that i wud become the proud disciple of the gr8 living legend "smt.D.K.Pattammal" but then it didnt happen that soon. we shifted from mumbai to chennai, for my parents rightly thought it was always better to bring up a child under the luv and care of elders(especially the grand parents). and there began my real musical journey. i was in my 2nd std wen i attended my first formal music class and my teacher was ms.Ashwathi(disciple of smt.D.K.Pattammal). startin from the basics of carnatic music...SA RE GA MA....my learning process continued successfully for about 6 yrs under her teaching. one fine day, my teacher felt that it was the right time fr me to take up music a bit more seriously, in the sense..to persue it as my future career. and today i am really thankful to her for being so kind and pushing me a step forward in my musical journey. yea! she was the one who introduced me to my present guru , a gr8 celebrity whom i wud'nt hav even imagined of just meeting her in person, if not fr her.
its been a grrrrrrrr8 honour to learn from such a gr8 woman! but i was too young to realise her gr8ness wen i was a beginner. and she used to be such a loving and wonderful teacher, (i am too small to talk about her anyways, so i restrict myself for it wud be highly childish to comment on a legendary person). since then, i hav cum a loooong way in music and today, my parents feel really happy for their right decision at the rite time. the bombay life wud hav been more enjoyable but i wud'nt hav got this opportunity unless i was here...
though its been a real long way, as my guru always quotes "sangeetha saagaram" which means music is a never ending ocean and its a never ending learning process....i hav a long way to achieve atleast a very small part of wat my guru has done... for which i realize the amount of hard work to be done, and i'm sure i will live up to their(amma, appa and my guru) expectations and make my mum's wish cum true, very soon!


17 comments:

Sudarshan said...

Veri thanam. I'm sure you'll make it big in singing, in future.

jayashree swaminathan said...

@ suda:thank u so much!

Unknown said...

very nice... all the best..my best wishes for u to reach greatness in our art of all arts..

jayashree swaminathan said...

thank u nikitha...

Janani Chakrapani said...

i assure you tat dis gal jaya's gonna make it big in singing field someday!! u can imagine ppl tat i even got a photo of her n myself ready so tat d day she bcomes a maestro(which she surely 'll soon enough!) i'll hang tat picture in ma house n boast to everyone tat i'm her friend!![:P]..!!

jayashree swaminathan said...

@ janani: hey...thats so sweet of u...thank you so much! keep visiting my blog! tc

Raghavan alias Saravanan M said...

really good to read. Congratulations and best wishes to attain heights in all your endeavors!

May god bless you!

Cheers,
Raghavan alias Saravanan M.

I do blog also at http://blogsofraghs.wordpress.com

jayashree swaminathan said...

@Raghavan: thank you for ur wishes mr.ragavan. keep coming in!

www.sanakannan.com said...

nice. hope to read more articles abt music from u.

jayashree swaminathan said...

@kannan: oh sure!! will write on my experiences in concerts and competitions!

Known Stranger said...

wish the journey takes you to the divinity of content and satisfaction. Art in any form is to be celebrated and cheerished.

jayashree swaminathan said...

Avaishnav: thank u!

jayashree swaminathan said...

@vaishnav: thank u!

kittu said...

nice one da.....but i wud say this is the best post i ve read in ur blog....hope u really become a gr8 singer.....keep writing....

kiran

jayashree swaminathan said...

hey kiran, thanks a lot! and i thot u liked that sathanur trip too...! anyways thank u so much!

kittu said...

well tht was different, it was an adventure story.....and it had tht cauvery kulam and all comedy stuff, so it was enjoyable :P but this one is rather more mature.....ur talkin abt ut ambition na, so in my opinion this is ur best....
keep writing.... :)

kiran

jayashree swaminathan said...

@kittu:
lol...okay! thank you!