Thursday, October 9, 2008

ITS VIJAYA DHASAMI TODAY

Its vijayadhasami today and it is believed that what ever you learn today or what ever business you start today is bound to become a great success. Vijayadhasami is specially celebrated in a grand manner by all the artists(mainly by those who are invloved in the dance and musical art forms) as it is on this day, the shishyas go to their guru's place, give the 'guru-dhakshinai' as a token of tribute and thanks giving to them. The guru then blesses his/her student to get all the success in life and teaches a new thing(song or dance or studies) on that day.

At homes, children are asked to read something soon after the pooja believing that they would do well through out their academics.


As instructed by my thatha, i woke up early in the morning, got ready for the pooja and soon after it got over..i was asked to study for a while. i had kept my software engineering book and along with that, my favourite "harry potter series" too. lolz..i just went thru a page from my s/w book and then took out the harry potter 6th part and started reading it.
"the picture above is me and my GURU on vijayadhasami(today)"

Then it was time for me to get ready for music class. i took my shruthi box and a plate full of fruits, beetle leaves(vethalai paaku), etc to giv it to my music teacher. It was just a 10 minutes class today as she had to teach all her other students for vijayadhasami. I gave the guru dhakshinai, seeked her blessings and then she started a new song. Once the class got over, i returned home to sit back and enjoy the special programs in tv.
"happy vijayadhasami to all and wish you attain success in all that you do"

12 comments:

Music Personified said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Music Personified said...

hmm.. so had a grt day illa .. and dat was a good snap tooo

jayashree swaminathan said...

@ arun: yeah..had a great day indeed...and thanks

www.sanakannan.com said...

since u r a music student i expect more abt music from u. its just a wish.

jayashree swaminathan said...

@ senthil: oh sure!! but plz tell me like wat kind of posts u want...generally about music or music and me?

www.sanakannan.com said...

i want ur opinion, liking, criticism on music. it may be abt tamil cinema music or world music or indian music. have seen ur music blog. but is tat enugh? not evryone can write abt music. but u can. rite?

Unknown said...

D.K.Pattamal rite..???

jayashree swaminathan said...

yea...exactly!

Known Stranger said...

I miss those golus . Especially the gollus kept in kumbakonam temples of navarathri.

jayashree swaminathan said...

@vaishnav: y? don't you have it in ur house every year?

Known Stranger said...

Yes parents do keep. As long as i was in the parental nest it would be grand as i would do the park with creativity. Science comes to help a lot . My park will be the prime attraction in the locality. As I moved out of my parental nest in search of my own wisdom and understanding of world, Golu at home had almost turned to be a ritual with few dolls of one or three steps. I dont keep golu in my house ( i mean the house where i live) .

jayashree swaminathan said...

okay...! wish you get time to do all those frm the next navrathri