Friday, October 30, 2009

I GO CRAZY WHEN I HEAR THE WORD...

"CORN FLORENTINE"


I still remember the first time, Shalini(my best frnd) compelling me with a spoon full of this (never heard of dish) corn florentine, forcing me to taste it atleast once and then, poor gal, she had to order another one for herself after that! lol! And now, u ask me wat's my favourite continental dish, everybody who knows me well wud shout out this name 'corn florentine'.

Shalini, This is a really special post dedicated to you dear(lol). Among the so many very-spl-moments that we've had together trying out new dishes at new places, EDEN and corn florentine will always bring a smile on my face and ofcourse YOU for "all the .......memories" associated wid eden! :P :P



Anyways, here's some real gud stuff about the place and dish for ur information!

Eden,

Harrisons Hotel,

Nungambakkam

Tel: 42222777

This one’s not for those on a diet. Or, for someone trying to go on one. The Corn Florentine celebrates everything cheese. Nuggets of crisp corn and fragrant spinach fight for space in this creamy baked dish.

The base is made of cream, milk, butter (lots if it) and flour and once the corn and spinach go in, it is gratinated with cheese. The end result is a glorious stand-alone dish that makes for great comfort food. It is served with plain toast. And, Indianising this Continental dish a bit is the addition of garlic and pepper. If you are terribly health-conscious, they do a version with brown sauce! Also available at the Besant Nagar (24460777) and Anna Nagar (26221010) branches.

@suda: dont forget to try this next time! :)

10 comments:

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

Ahh ! Maams .. I'm grinning ear to ear :D well, not for one reason but for so many put together.. for everything that comes to my mind when I read your post .. all our eden moments .

I jus wish we have more of them :D I mean the nice ones :)

And someday I ll make corn florentine for you .. don worry i wont make you start hating that dish ..

jayashree swaminathan said...

lol...i expected the same words from u! haha! and yeah, u give me anything under the name of corn florentine, i'll hav it happily! :P

Music Personified said...

wen hav u started workin 4 Harrison Hotel ???

jayashree swaminathan said...

@arun: lol thats just an information for ppl to know!

Music Personified said...

[;p]

jayashree swaminathan said...

@arun: adellam irukattum! u go and try this dish! u'll fall for it too

Music Personified said...

Idhukaaga Harrison Hotel'ku poganuma !!!!

jayashree swaminathan said...

2arun: aamaam...edhu edhu enga enga special o anga anga dan poi saapadnum!

ViX said...

looking forward to trying this out :D

jayashree swaminathan said...

@vix: hey you get the same dish even in kilpauk "keshav chats" if i'm not wrong! not upto the mark though!